How To Screen?
In true open-mic style there is no pre-selection. Filmmakers can register in advance to secure a spot or show up unannounced with their new film.
The screening order is random and filmmakers take the stage after their film for a small QA. Filmonik is a platform for short films:
– With a duration of 5 minutes or less.
– Of any genre
– Delivered as a 480p, 720p or 1080p MP4 file by email or on a USB key/Portable HD on the night of the screening.
As a very loose guideline Filmonik likes best:
– Non commercial work. No ads.
– Fresh new films shown as a premiere. You can introduce yourself to Filmonik with back catalog but after make new films. You can also test a film in front of an unsuspecting audience before finalising it for a real premiere in a Festival.
– Short films with the Filmonik logo at the beginning or end or the Filmonik screening number.
– Self sustaining stories i.e.not episodic content like web series.
– Films created in a non-competitve environment unlike films with creative restrictions made for a contest with cash prizes.
Ready to take the plunge and find your audience?
Register your films now at email@example.com – include your name, your film’s title, the running length and your screening format in the e-mail.